So I recently launched a 200 pound fundraiser for SENS.
1. People don’t have time or energy to read walls of text about a subject (anti aging medicine) like supporters of the cause who are interested in it do.
2. If people haven’t heard of the cause they won’t donate.
3. People will generally donate because they want to stay in contact with a person, not because they care about the cause. If you are a sick and broken down person like me, there is not any goodwill to call on.
Some possible solutions:
1. Having the ability to sponsor specific projects rather than a nebulous organization like SENS.
2. Pretty infographics might make a difference (or might not). All kick-starter campaigns must have a video for a reason. Maybe some videos like those of Youreka science on youtube would help?